Pages

Friday, April 16, 2010

This calls for a celebration!

I can hardly believe it, but today my blog is 3 years old! Wow!

I started Pughs' News on April 16, 2007. I was pregnant with Sawyer and looking for a way to connect with friends and family overseas, and thought a blog would be a good way to do it. I posted lots of photos of Dylan (who was just 2 at the time!) and updated relatives on pregnancy news and toddler triumphs. The blog was private and only a few people read it, which was okay by me. I loved it though, even with just a few readers. I have always wanted to write, and it was a great outlet to express myself and keep in touch with people who were far away.

Last year, I discovered a wonderful blog called Three Beautiful Things and I started to do my own 3BT on a fairly regular basis (to keep me looking on the bright side of life, and also in an attempt to fight off the fear and worry I felt about my dearest friend's diagnosis with breast cancer... It worked, by the way, and I can't recommend 3BTing enough). I discovered that the writer of the original 3BT blog would link to yours if you posted your own beautiful things. So I opened up my blog to the public and started posting like crazy. I went from 7 or 8 posts a month to 30 or 40! I started reading other people's blogs, and they started reading mine. I loved it!

Today Pughs' News is still about me and my family but it has evolved since that first post three years ago. I still write about the boys a lot, and post photos of our everyday adventures. But I also write about the things that I'm interested in, like books and films and decorating (and LOST!) I try to be honest and share the not-so-beautiful things that life throws at me too. I love connecting with people from around the world, and have made some really wonderful new friends as a result of this blogging that I do. I love the weekly traditions that have developed, the many swaps I've taken part in, the new pen-pals I've made. It is such a fantastic part of my life, and I am so grateful for it. I love reading all of your comments and it's always exciting for me to discover I have a new follower. So, thank you! Thank you to all of you for helping to make my blog such a great place to be. I love it here.

And so... Happy Birthday to Pughs' News! I think we should imagine that we could all get together to celebrate this milestone in style, don't you? It would be so much fun!

We'll gather around a pretty table on a patio somewhere in the sunshine. There'll be plenty of party lanterns and flowers. We'll laugh and chat away the afternoon, catching up on each others' lives (imagine! we'd be coming together from all across Canada and the US, from England, Ireland, France, New Zealand, Australia, Denmark... how amazing would that be?)

We can wear our prettiest party dresses, in every different hue.

We'll eat cupcakes and drink fruity girly drinks (like bellinis... mmm!) with paper parasols in them.


I mentioned the party lanterns, didn't I? They're vital, don't you think?


I hope you can make it, each and every one of you... And I hope you'll stick around for as long as I keep writing! Thanks for being here, for being part of my party! It means so much.

love,
Erin xoxo

PS: I wanted to do a giveaway to celebrate, but finances are tight at the moment. Once I hit 50 followers, I'll have something exciting lined up, I promise!

images via my tumblr blog, j'adore

14 comments:

  1. A HUGE congratulations and happy third birthday to Pughs' News and to you special lady!

    I am so glad you found me and I followed you and that Pughs' News has become a big part of my online world too.

    And through all of this it is possible that I have met a friend I hope to have for life.

    Thank you and let's celebrate!!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the blog birthday.
    I'm ready to join the party, if there are cupcakes I'm in!
    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I do love these tablescapes and lanterns. So inviting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Blogoversary...I'm all about a party that includes cupcakes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, girl... I so wish we could all gather together for a blogversary celebration! I'm jealous of bloggers who live close enough to meet up, but sure am happy I've met beautiful people all over the world.

    Happy Birthday, Pughs' News!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the pictures :] Happy birthday to your blog :]

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Erin,
    Congratulations on 3 years, fantastic! I am imagining that party right now and the decorations are absolutely fabulous. Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy blog birthday to you! I'm happy to have been there since the beginning (& even earlier, before - gasp! - Internet even existed!) Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. i am there in a hot pink dress (thrifted of course) and my highest heels. I'll bring along with my flask of vodka ;) and stay after the festivities to help clean up cos we will PARTY our hearts out in celebration of YOU dear friend!

    no giveaway necessary, a party throw by the most gracious hostess is gift enough!

    HAPPY BIRTHDAY to pugh's news and cheers to another fabulous year !

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yeah! 3 years! congratulations :)

    Blogging sneaks up on you, doesn't it? It's just so much fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy third anniversary! This is fantastic. I'm so very happy you decided to open your blog to the public and that we've become friends.
    And this party? I'm so there.

    P.S. My trip to Vancouver is looking like it might be a sure thing...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! Three years?? Crazy! Happy Birthday!!! Your blog is always so lovely. Where do you find such beautiful pictures?

    That party sounds like so much fun. Let's definitely play pretend!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy 3rd birthday to your blog! That's so awesome! Mine is coming up on its 3rd in November and I can hardly believe it's been that long! They grow up so fast ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. thank you for stopping by my blog! i must confess, i spotted my name on your blogroll a few weeks ago and have been reading, in secret! and your blog is lovely - happy three years!

    ~Jessica

    ReplyDelete

Yay! I love comments.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...